Most new parents don’t know how to take care of their infants’ regular use items. How to wash baby bottles is one of the common concerns. Are you struggling with the same problem? Don’t you know how you can properly clean your baby’s feeding items?
Don’t worry. In this article below, you can get all your answer for sure. It’s essential to take care of every small and single thing for a new baby. Washing baby bottles correctly is one of these crucial facts. There are many easy ways to easily clean and sterilize a baby’s bottle.
To know different things about how to wash baby bottles, follow every step described in the article. It will help you to take care of your infants.
How to Wash Baby Bottles in Few Basic steps:
It’s imperative to know how to wash baby bottles accurately. Most of the information in online media has not provided easy steps. Let’s see the basic steps of washing baby bottles.
You can clean baby bottles in two ways :
- Before putting baby bottles in the washer, separate all the bottles’ parts ( needles, rings, caps, and cups).
- First, rinse all the parts generally with warm or cold water. Then put every single element in the dishwasher. You shouldn’t put Small pieces of the bottle directly in the dishwasher. Try to take a bowl and place all the little things in there. For that, those parts will be safely washed.
- Keep the dishwasher on the hot water surface and turn on the sanitizing setting. This will help to clean better.
- Last, of all, make sure every part gets perfectly dry in the dishwasher. Wash or sanitize your hand before removing everything from the dishwasher. Then store them in a safe place or container where germs can’t touch them.
Wash by hands-
- You can also wash bottles through your hands if you don’t have a dishwasher. For that, first, wash your hand correctly. Try to take a separate brush to cleanse the baby’s feeding item.
- After separating all the parts of the bottle, rinse them well under hot or cold running water. Hold all the features in running water, don’t keep them in the sink.
- Gather all the parts in the washbasin or any clean bowl. Fill the basin with warm-hot water and safe soap. Then wash all the details with a clean brush.
- Don’t use any regular brush or sponge to wash the baby’s feeding item. Even don’t wash these with other cleaning things. Always try to wash infants’ feeding items separately.
- Rinse all the parts again by holding them under running fresh water. Try to use a separate washbasin to clean babies feeding items only. Rinse every aspect very well so that no foams can stay in bottles.
- After cleaning, place them in a clean towel for air drying. Try to keep any safe place where germs can’t enter at all. Dry properly every part, then store all safely.
Why is it important to wash baby bottles every day?
It’s essential to wash baby bottles after every feeding. Most of us don’t know how important it is. If you don’t wash bottles after every use, there are vast chances of germs attacking. Germs can quickly spread themselves in milk bottles.
Suppose you don’t clean your baby’s bottle after every use and again use the same bottle. Then germs can easily harm your baby’s health. Babies are ten times more sensitive than us. Any tiny bacteria can moderately damage their health badly. You can’t go through a baby’s bottle unhygienically or unwashed.
So try to clean the baby’s bottle after feeding constantly. Keep all the feeding items separate from traditional dishes. Store them in a safe, anti-bacterial compartment in your kitchen. Don’t forget to always wash your hands before touching the baby’s bottle. Always remember the importance of maintaining babys’ hygiene.
How can you sterilize baby bottles safely?
There are so many different options to sterilize baby bottles. But before sterilizing any bottles, know about the material and quality of the bottle first because over sterilizing can damage bottles’ surface chemicals that can easily mix with your infant milk. Here are different methods of sterilizing babies’ bottles.
Easy way to sterilize with hot water:
Always remember to sterilize bottles after purchasing them new. It’s essential because we don’t know in which condition the bottles are manufactured. Sterilizing bottles with hot water is a widespread and older process. Let’s see all the steps-
- First, you will need hot water. But don’t use too much hot water that a plastic or glass bottle can’t tolerate.
- Make sure your bottles are clean before sterilizing them. Take a big clean pot, fill it with hot water, and put the bottles without cups or nipples. Try to put the open side down in the bank. Then boil it to low heat for five minutes.
- After five minutes of boiling, take out all the parts with the help of tongues. Rinse all the hot water; now you don’t have to wash it in cold water again. Just lay everything on a clean cloth or towel. Let them air dry carefully, then store them for use after.
Sterilize using a microwave:
There is a specific microwave that comes with babys’ bottle sterilizers. You can easily use them. If you don’t have those functions, then try to follow these simple steps-
- Always use a clean microwave to sterilize things. Fill half of all the bottles with clean water.
- Please place them in the microwave and microwave on high heat for two-five minutes. Don’t take longer to microwave, or the bottles will be destroyed. After that, carefully out all the bottles and rinse the water, then let them air dry.
It’s effortless to sterilize bottles with a microwave. But always maintain the heat and time.
Buy an electric steamer to sterilize the baby’s bottle:
You will get happy to hear that now Baby’s bottle sterilizer is available on the market though it’s pretty expensive. But this electric steam is specially organized to sterilize baby bottles and all the bottle parts. Using that, you don’t have to suffer from hot water. Even these devices can give much better services than other sterilizers.
It can kill more bacteria or germs when sterilizing bottles frequently. It’s also very much time-saving to sterilize bottles quickly. You will have to read the manufacturer for its usage and properly fix every feeding item for your infants.
There are two more options to sterilize a baby’s bottle. Those are bleach sterilizing and using sterilizer tablets. These two are used in case you are traveling or lack clean water in your area. Most experts say that if you don’t have any clean water issues, you don’t need to sterilize babys’ bottles continuously.
What should you use to wash baby bottles?
Babies’ health or immune system is seven times weaker than ours. So that harsh chemical or germs enter their system that might significantly affect the baby’s health. So we have to try as much as possible to maintain the baby’s hygiene well.
To the order of that concern, we can’t use any harsh soap or a liquid wash for clean baby feeding items. There is a natural baby feeding item washer available on the market. You can use them for your infant’s safety.
We wash babies’ feeding items and bottles with other washing pots most of the time. We should not do that. To clean the baby’s bottle, use a separate washbasin and use the dishwasher separately. We should not keep all the bottle parts in the sink for longer. It will increase the level of the growing germ.
Always use a separate cleaning brush to wash the baby’s bottle. You might use 2-3 meetings to wash babies’ feeding items. Don’t clean anything else without your infant’s feeding items.
Sometimes, you should use extra sterilizer wash to better clean the baby’s bottle. Try to take advice from an expert before using a sterilizer in the baby’s feeding item.
All these basic things you can use to wash baby bottles or feeding items. Try to keep all the items safe and germs-free for every time use.
Important facts to consider before washing baby bottles:
Here we have described all the facts that a parent must consider before washing baby bottles.
- Please do not use any harsh, chemical, regular dishwashing soap for babies because babies’ health is so significant that they can’t pass through such heavy chemical dishwashing soap.
- Try to choose any fragrant less dishwasher soap for babies. Strong scents of dish soap can irritate infants. Besides, there is a massive chance of toxic chemical mix to put fragrance in the dishwasher.
- Before purchasing any dishwashing soap, try reading the whole manual carefully. Don’t forget to check the ingredient list first.
- To wash a bottle, try to separate all the parts of that bottle. Don’t wash a bottle combinedly.
- Make sure the water you use to wash bottles should be warm. Don’t use too much hot water or cold water.
- Try to wash your hand or sanitize properly before passing baby bottles. There might be extra bacteria that can quickly enter the baby’s bottle.
- Please keep all the feeding items in a safe area and rinse all the water.
- If you want to clean bottles in the dishwasher, wash only baby feeding dishes. Don’t wash it with other regular utensils.
- The most important fact is to wash bottles regularly after feeding your infant. Other ways harmful bacteria started to attack their feeding items immediately.
How Often Should I Clean Baby Bottles?
- Experts suggest washing the baby’s bottle after every meal because germs can increase in the unwashed bottle. Suppose your baby does not finish the whole milk or food. Then you should throw out the leftover food or storage that you have stored. But try to wash the bottle instantly after every wash.
Do You Need A Special Soap to Wash Baby Bottles?
- Yes, of course! It would be best if you did not use a regular dishwasher to clean infants’ feeding items. Most dishwashing soap contains harsh and harmful chemicals. These can create a significant effect on babies’ health. You must use those dishwashing elements or soap manufactured safe to wash babies’ bottles.
Do Baby Bottles Need to Be Sterilized?
- If your baby is one or two months old, you need to sterilize the bottle frequently. Because for them only cleaning with soap and water is not enough. You might not need to fix it after two or three months. But it’s better to sterilize the bottle nipple and pacifiers.
Why is sterilization necessary?
- It’s important to sterilize babies’ feeding items. Because there are huge chances that bacteria and harmful insects will attack the baby’s bottle, if you do not fix every section of the baby’s feeding item, those microorganisms can badly harm the baby’s health.
When Should I Sterilize Baby Bottles?
- It’s best to sterilize babies’ bottles and feeding items instant after buying them. Besides, you will need to sterilize it until the baby is 12 months old. You can fix all the elements once per month. Many experts say if your cleaning procedure and the water you use are safe enough. Then there is no need to sterilize bottles often.
How to Clean Baby Bottles While Traveling?
- You will get different gadgets in the market to sterilize or clean baby bottles while traveling. But it’s the best option to take your preparation. You can carry a simple bottle cleaner or sterilizer in the packaging. Keep hot water and dish soap to wash the instant baby bottle without these. You can bring extra bottles to feed them also.
When to stop sterilizing baby bottles?
- It’s a good question. Because most of us don’t know when to stop sterilizing baby bottles. Well, experts suggest stopping fixing after 12 months of a baby. Because after 12 months, every baby’s immune system gets more substantial than before. So they can fight any bacteria or diseases.
When can babies drink water in a bottle?
- There is a severe range that before 6-month, babies are not required to serve water worldwide. They only need breast milk or baby formula for six months. After six months, you can fill water in a baby bottle because babies can’t drink water in glasses or cups.
Babies are always very close to our hearts. So, we don’t want to harm them in any way. For this reason, our mothers are always concerned about how they protect their infants from everything. How to wash baby bottles is one of these concerns.
Especially the newly made parents, they get in tension for these issues. Don’t panic at all; there are simple ways to wash baby bottles. Anyone can easily take care of every element of the baby feeding item. You will need to follow the cleaning process and continue it the same way.
Maintaining the right way of washing a bottle can seriously protect your baby from every harmful thing. Try to follow all the necessary tips described in this article. It will help you to find the right way to wash baby bottles.